Predators' Duchene week-to-week with apparent hand injury
As the Nashville Predators battle for a playoff spot, it appears they'll have to do so without forward Matt Duchene for at least the next little while.
Following Sunday's game against the Toronto Maple Leafs, Predators head coach John Hynes announced Duchene is considered week-to-week after suffering an upper-body injury during the 3-2 loss, according to John Glennon of NHL.com.
Duchene exited the game in the second period after taking teammate Dante Fabbro's shot off his hand while in front of the Leafs' net. He was immediately taken back to the dressing room and didn't return to the game.
Nashville is now five points out of the final wild-card spot in the Western Conference with 10 games left to play. The Predators have two games in hand on the Winnipeg Jets, who currently hold that last postseason berth.
Duchene has 22 goals and 56 points in 71 games for Nashville this season. He joins a loaded group of Predators dealing with injuries, with the likes of captain Roman Josi, forwards Filip Forsberg and Ryan Johansen, and defenseman Alexandre Carrier already on injured reserve.
- Report: Flames, Backlund discussing contract extension
- Former Canucks, Devils, Islanders goalie Schneider retires
- Ex-Rangers, Golden Knights head coach Gallant 'eager' for new NHL job
- Ranking the NHL's 6 best defense pairings entering 2023-24
- O'Reilly: 'Not an easy decision' to leave Leafs for Predators