Matthews out Wednesday vs. Predators
Toronto Maple Leafs star Auston Matthews wasn't in the lineup Wednesday during the club's 2-1 victory over the Nashville Predators.
Matthews is dealing with an undisclosed injury. He participated in the optional skate Wednesday morning after not practicing Tuesday.
Keefe said that Matthews' ailment has "been bothering him for a while," according to SI Media Group's David Alter.
The 25-year-old has 20 goals and 47 points in 41 games this season.
William Nylander played center and Pierre Engvall joined him in the Maple Leafs' top six in Matthews' absence. Bobby McMann made his NHL debut.
- Boeser up to league-leading 17 goals as Canucks hand Ducks 7th straight loss
- Watch: Leafs squeak out shootout victory after Panthers' winner overturned
- Blackhawks terminating Perry's contract due to 'unacceptable' conduct
- 4 takeaways from Patrick Kane's decision to sign with the Red Wings
- Maple Leafs' insanity plan: Do the same thing and expect different results