Wright recalled from AHL, will play vs. Canadiens on Tuesday
Wright was assigned to the Coachella Valley Firebirds on a conditioning loan late in November. He was a healthy scratch for five consecutive NHL games before being sent to the minors, where he posted four goals in five appearances.
With Seattle, Wright's managed one assist in seven games while averaging eight minutes per contest.
It's unclear if Wright will remain a permanent fixture in the Kraken's lineup, but the 18-year-old wasn't included on Canada's selection camp roster for the upcoming world juniors in Halifax and Moncton.
Wright could have some extra motivation suiting up against the Canadiens on Tuesday. Montreal was widely expected to take the Ontario-born pivot first overall in this year's draft, but the Habs opted to select winger Juraj Slafkovsky instead. Drama swirled online during draft night when Wright appeared to stare down the Canadiens' table after being called to the stage, but he later denied that was the case.
The Kraken have been one of the league's biggest surprises this season, sitting second in the Pacific Division with 33 points through 24 games.
- Oilers' Draisaitl: 'I haven't really been happy with the way I've been playing'
- Horvat: Pettersson would 'be my vote' for new Canucks captain
- Larkin addresses pending UFA status: 'I really see myself as a Red Wing'
- Luongo on All-Star Skills cameo: 'I don't know why I said yes'
- Defensemen in very short supply at NHL All-Star Game