Gallagher out 2 weeks with lower-body injury
Gallagher missed the club's two most recent games after being labeled day-to-day prior to last Thursday's contest against the Calgary Flames.
The veteran winger has appeared in 22 games this season, registering three goals and five assists while averaging his lowest ice time (14:21) since his rookie season in 2012-13.
Gallagher, 30, has registered 389 points in 660 career games for Montreal. He's under contract at $6.5 million per season through 2027.
The Canadiens currently sit sixth in the Atlantic Division with a 12-11-1 record. They take on the Vancouver Canucks on Monday night in the third leg of a four-game western road trip.
- Mikheyev has 'no complaints' about Canucks' handling of season-ending ACL injury
- Blue Jackets claim Pederson off waivers from Canucks
- A radical remodel of local sports TV may come sooner than expected
- Horvat's 4-point night propels Canucks past Blue Jackets
- Flames rebound from ugly loss with impressive win vs. Kraken