Gallagher out 2 weeks with lower-body injury
Montreal Canadiens forward Brendan Gallagher is out two weeks with a lower-body injury, the team announced Monday.
Gallagher missed the club's two most recent games after being labeled day-to-day prior to last Thursday's contest against the Calgary Flames.
The veteran winger has appeared in 22 games this season, registering three goals and five assists while averaging his lowest ice time (14:21) since his rookie season in 2012-13.
Gallagher, 30, has registered 389 points in 660 career games for Montreal. He's under contract at $6.5 million per season through 2027.
The Canadiens currently sit sixth in the Atlantic Division with a 12-11-1 record. They take on the Vancouver Canucks on Monday night in the third leg of a four-game western road trip.
- Kempe leads Kings into tie atop Pacific with dominant win vs. Flames
- Crosby stays levelheaded with Penguins' playoff dreams in peril
- Ferguson makes 48 saves, Senators top reeling Penguins
- Panthers move into final wild-card spot with win over Red Wings
- NHL weekday betting guide: True moneylines for every game