Canucks' Demko suffers undisclosed injury vs. Panthers
The incident occurred when Ryan Lomberg converted on a rebound to score Florida's third goal in a 59-second span. Demko appeared to be in pain and grabbed his right leg after the play.
Demko seemed to have trouble putting any weight on his leg and had to be helped off the ice. Spencer Martin entered in relief.
Canucks head coach Bruce Boudreau didn't have an update on Demko's status after the game, according to The Athletic's Thomas Drance.
Demko made 15 saves on 18 shots before exiting. The Canucks ended up dropping the contest 5-1.
It hasn't been a fantastic season for Demko, who held a 3-9-2 record alongside an .885 save percentage entering Thursday's game.
Demko enjoyed a strong 2021-22 campaign that saw him pitch a .915 save percentage and 2.72 goals against average in 64 appearances.
- Leafs' Matthews out minimum 3 weeks with knee sprain
- Devils GM looking to add top-6 winger under team control at trade deadline
- The Fisherman returns: The redemption story behind the Isles' throwback
- A radical remodel of local sports TV may come sooner than expected
- Canucks sign Kuzmenko to 2-year extension with $5.5M AAV