Flames release Eakin, Milano from PTOs
The Calgary Flames released forwards Cody Eakin and Sonny Milano from their professional tryout deals on Thursday.
Veteran defenseman Michael Stone remains with the team on a PTO.
When assessing Eakin's and Milano's performances in the preseason earlier this week, head coach Darryl Sutter said it had been "challenging" for both players, according to TSN's Salim Nadim Valji.
Eakin scored one goal in four games of preseason action, while Milano failed to register a point, according to Natural Stat Trick.
Milano, 26, logged 14 goals and 20 assists in 66 games with the Anaheim Ducks last season. He memorably buried Trevor Zegras' stunning, alley-oop assist that went viral in December.
Eakin, 31, put up four goals and 12 points in 69 contests with the Buffalo Sabres in 2021-22.
Both players are unrestricted free agents.
- Malkin laments ice-cold power play after loss to Bolts: 'We don't have confidence'
- Kane to make Red Wings debut Thursday vs. Sharks
- Promising Stars prospect Logan Stankoven may be small, but all he does is score
- Blue Jackets trade Robinson to Sabres
- Bedard living up to the hype, but Blackhawks remain one of NHL's worst teams