Report: Trade interest in Coyotes' Chychrun 'intensifying'
Teams with reported interest include the Ottawa Senators, Toronto Maple Leafs, Edmonton Oilers, Los Angeles Kings, St. Louis Blues, and Columbus Blue Jackets, among others.
Chychrun tallied seven goals and 21 points in 47 games with Arizona last year. He's signed for three more seasons at a $4.6-million cap hit. He has a 10-team no-trade clause that begins next summer, according to CapFriendly.
The 24-year-old has been one of the top players available over the past year. A season-ending ankle injury before the trade deadline halted discussions during the 2021-22 campaign.
Chychrun admitted on the opening day of training camp that he's interested in moving to a contending team.
Chychrun has yet to play in the preseason due to a wrist injury. The Coyotes begin their regular season October 13 against the Pittsburgh Penguins.
- Ducks sign Zegras to 3-year deal with reported $5.75M AAV
- Senators waive Bernard-Docker, Sokolov to send them to AHL
- Canucks' Demko 'better off' after overcoming groin injury
- An early look at 11 prospects destined for the 2024 NHL Draft
- Cozens vows Sabres won't be intimidated: 'We're not scared of anyone'