Zegras leaves preseason game with upper-body injury
Zegras went to the dressing room immediately afterward and was later ruled out for the remainder of the game with an upper-body injury.
The officials didn't hand Jenik a penalty for what appeared to be a clean hit.
Zegras is coming off a stellar season in which he finished second in Calder Trophy voting after notching 23 goals and 38 assists over 75 games.
The 21-year-old dazzled with numerous highlight-reel plays last season, including a lacrosse-style goal he set up for Sonny Milano that went viral. Zegras, who Anaheim drafted ninth overall in 2019, ranked second on the Ducks in both goals and points last season.
- Marner continues record run as Leafs blank Kings for 2nd straight shutout
- Maple Leafs' Robertson to miss significant time with shoulder injury
- Gaudreau: I didn't string Flames along in free-agency decision
- Examining trade scenarios for 3 high-profile players
- Maple Leafs' Brodie returns after 12-game absence