Golden Knights' Patrick to miss 2022-23 season with upper-body injury
Forward Nolan Patrick is out for the 2022-23 season due to an upper-body issue, the Vegas Golden Knights announced Thursday.
Patrick, 24, only played 25 games last year because of the same injury.
Vegas will be able to place Patrick's $1.2-million contract on long-term injured reserve.
The 2017 second overall pick has struggled with a migraine disorder since 2019. The disorder forced him to miss the 2019-20 season and significantly affected his play in 2020-21.
Vegas acquired Patrick in a three-way trade last summer, sending Cody Glass to the Nashville Predators and Ryan Ellis and Philippe Myers to the Philadelphia Flyers.
The Golden Knights begin their preseason schedule Sunday against the Colorado Avalanche.
- Bedard condemns Perry social media rumor: 'It's just a bunch of B.S.'
- Examining the Penguins' struggling power play, and other unexpected NHL trends
- Merzlikins makes 41 saves to hand Senators 3rd straight loss
- Devils' Hamilton out indefinitely with torn pectoral muscle
- Sharks score 6 goals on 18 shots to down Devils in 1st road win of season