Flames sign Mangiapane to 3-year contract with $5.8M AAV
The Calgary Flames signed forward Andrew Mangiapane to a three-year contract with an average annual value of $5.8 million, the team announced Tuesday.
Mangiapane was a restricted free agent with an arbitration hearing scheduled for August 5. The 26-year-old earned $2.45 million annually on his previous contract.
The Flames also signed defenseman Oliver Kylington to a new deal Tuesday.
Mangiapane enjoyed a career year in 2021-22, notching 35 goals and 20 assists while averaging 15:44 across 82 contests. The Flames drafted him in the sixth round in 2015.
Calgary's entire NHL roster is now under contract. The club has approximately $2.7 million in remaining cap space, according to Puckpedia.
- Perry becomes free agent after clearing unconditional waivers
- Vilardi miffed with former teammate Lizotte after injury: 'It's a stupid play'
- Kane aiming to make Red Wings debut in next 7-10 days
- 4 takeaways from Patrick Kane's decision to sign with the Red Wings
- Maple Leafs' insanity plan: Do the same thing and expect different results