Report: Oilers among teams pursuing Giroux
Edmonton is doing its due diligence on the veteran winger in the event it can't re-sign fellow UFA forward Evander Kane, LeBrun adds.
Giroux was traded to the Florida Panthers this past season after 15 years with the Philadelphia Flyers. The Presidents' Trophy winners were Giroux's top destination at the trade deadline, and LeBrun reports there is still mutual interest between the two sides. However, Florida has just over $3 million in cap space this offseason with a roster size of 17.
Edmonton has $7.1 million available, according to Cap Friendly.
Giroux is one of the biggest names on the open market this summer. The 34-year-old proved he's still an offensive threat last season with 65 points in 75 games split between the Flyers and Panthers.
- Lambert frustrated after Isles fumble lead vs. Sharks: Losing that game 'is sin'
- Vezina Trophy Rankings: Hill showing Cup run was no fluke
- NHL hot topics: Debating Leafs' D targets, coaches on hot seat, more
- Bettman concerned arena for 2026 Olympics won't be ready
- Wild stay hot under Hynes as Boldy's 3-point night extinguishes Flames