Ducks add Vatrano on 3-year deal
The Anaheim Ducks signed free-agent forward Frank Vatrano to a three-year deal, the team announced Wednesday. The contract comes with an annual cap hit of $3.65 million, according to Sportsnet's Elliotte Friedman.
Vatrano netted 18 goals and 14 assists last season, which he split between the Florida Panthers and New York Rangers. He posted five goals and eight assists in 20 playoff games for the Rangers.
Vatrano had a career-high 24 goals for the Panthers in 2018-19. He hasn't reached the 20-goal mark since, though he scored 18 in each of the last two seasons.
- Wings' Bertuzzi likely out 6 weeks after surgery on apparent hand injury
- Renewable energy: Cup-hunting Lightning betting on internal growth
- Leafs' Jarnkrok out at least 2 weeks due to groin injury
- NHL weekend best bets: Islanders to best Predators
- Flames' Markstrom frustrated: 'I just suck at hockey right now'