Point remains out for Game 6, could return for potential Game 7
Cooper added Point is dealing with a "severe injury" but didn't rule him out of a potential Game 7 with Tampa Bay's chance at a three-peat on the line.
Point was injured in Game 7 of the first round against the Toronto Maple Leafs. He missed Rounds 2 and 3, and he only played two games of the Stanley Cup Final, notching a single assist while averaging over 17 minutes.
The 26-year-old had 58 points in 66 regular-season games and added five points in nine playoff contests. Point was instrumental in each of Tampa Bay's two Cup runs, putting up 56 points in 46 playoff games across 2020 and 2021.
Game 6 goes at 8:00 p.m. ET.
- Report: Blackhawks adding Jack Johnson on 1-year deal
- Rossi knows he has to 'earn that spot' in Wild's opening-night lineup
- NHL Atlantic Division odds: Maple Leafs open as narrow favorites
- Sharks' Knyzhov out 6 months with torn Achilles tendon
- 5 goalies the Golden Knights could target after losing Lehner for season