Point remains out for Game 6, could return for potential Game 7
Cooper added Point is dealing with a "severe injury" but didn't rule him out of a potential Game 7 with Tampa Bay's chance at a three-peat on the line.
Point was injured in Game 7 of the first round against the Toronto Maple Leafs. He missed Rounds 2 and 3, and he only played two games of the Stanley Cup Final, notching a single assist while averaging over 17 minutes.
The 26-year-old had 58 points in 66 regular-season games and added five points in nine playoff contests. Point was instrumental in each of Tampa Bay's two Cup runs, putting up 56 points in 46 playoff games across 2020 and 2021.
Game 6 goes at 8:00 p.m. ET.
- Stone eager to start Cup defense: 'I hope people write us off'
- Bettman: Senators' best days are yet to come under Andlauer
- GM Armstrong: Keller 'might be the best Coyote ever' when his career ends
- Flyers' Sanheim addresses offseason trade rumors: 'It sucks'
- 15 attainable milestones, team records for the 2023-24 NHL season