Rangers' Gallant calls out Hurricanes for 'bullshit' at end of Game 3
"No, I wasn't happy with the bullshit at the end of the game that they initiated," Gallant told the media, including SNY, postgame. "We didn't do that when the games were close. They put their guys on, that's fine. If they want to play like that, we've got the guys that can match that."
Hurricanes forward Max Domi crosschecked Rangers blue-liner Ryan Lindgren in the back immediately after the final buzzer sounded. That led to a scrum, and the two players wrestled each other to the ice. Carolina rearguard Tony DeAngelo then yelled at the New York bench, to which Gallant directly responded in the moment.
"I don't like it (coming) at the end of a game," Gallant said after Game 3. "The game's over. We've still got four games to go with those guys. I mean, they're not sending any message. We've got the guy that can handle all their guys if we want to, and we didn't do it like that. But Domi took a cheap shot at our defenseman."
The Rangers bench boss also reminded the Hurricanes that the roles may be reversed before the end of the series.
"You've got a long memory in this, you think about this, and like I said, (it) might be on the other foot someday," Gallant added.
The Hurricanes lead the series 2-1, with Game 4 scheduled for Tuesday night in New York.
- Report: Pens not speaking regularly with Malkin, 2 years apart in Letang talks
- Superlative awards for the 2021-22 NHL season
- The Hall of Fame's perpetual rejection of Alexander Mogilny must be rectified
- Companies pause Hockey Canada sponsorships amid sexual assault scandal
- From joke to juggernaut: Avalanche's well-earned Cup completes cycle