Blue Jackets sign Korpisalo to 1-year extension
The deal is worth $1.3 million, The Athletic's Aaron Portzline reports.
Korpisalo was set to hit unrestricted free agency this summer. His previous deal carried a $2.8-million cap hit across two seasons.
The 28-year-old battled injuries this season and dropped behind Elvis Merzlikins on Columbus' depth chart. Korpisalo played in only 22 games, posting a 7-11-0 record with an .877 save percentage and 4.15 goals against average.
The Blue Jackets drafted Korpisalo in the third round of the 2012 draft. He has a .902 save percentage in 182 career appearances.
- Point remains out for Game 6, could return for potential Game 7
- Landeskog: Bolts can keep criticizing officiating, but Avalanche won't
- Lightning praise Palat as his potential free agency looms
- Stanley Cup Final Game 6 best bets: Avalanche to finish the job
- Road test at Lightning stands between Avalanche, Stanley Cup