Stone expected to be ready for 2022-23 after undergoing back surgery
Stone's back injury, which has nagged him since last year's playoffs, forced him to miss 45 games across three different periods on the shelf this season. He had a 26-game stint on long-term injured reserve but returned for nine contests amid Vegas' failed playoff push.
The 30-year-old managed nine goals and 21 assists in 37 appearances during his third full campaign with the Golden Knights this season.
Vegas missed the playoffs for the first time in its existence this campaign. Changes in Sin City have already begun as head coach Peter DeBoer was recently fired.
- Point remains out for Game 6, could return for potential Game 7
- Landeskog: Bolts can keep criticizing officiating, but Avalanche won't
- Lightning praise Palat as his potential free agency looms
- Stanley Cup Final Game 6 best bets: Avalanche to finish the job
- Road test at Lightning stands between Avalanche, Stanley Cup