Canadiens' Pezzetta suspended 2 games for check to Oshie's head
Montreal Canadiens forward Michael Pezzetta has been suspended two games for an illegal check to the head of Washington Capitals forward T.J. Oshie, the NHL's Department of Player Safety announced Monday.
Pezzetta was given a two-minute minor for the hit, which occurred during Washington's 8-4 win Saturday.
Oshie stayed in the game.
Pezzetta's appeared in 47 games for the Canadiens this season, his first in the NHL. The 24-year-old has five goals and three assists while averaging under eight minutes per contest.
- Carlsson, Ducks beat Avs to snap 8-game skid
- Report: Maple Leafs attempted to acquire Tanev, Zadorov from Flames
- Examining the Penguins' struggling power play, and other unexpected NHL trends
- theScore's 50 favorite moments of 2023: Mahomes, miracles, and a fiery escape
- Forsberg makes 39 saves, Senators shut out Kraken