Islanders claim Czarnik back off waivers, Red Wings nab Juolevi
The New York Islanders have claimed forward Austin Czarnik off waivers from the Seattle Kraken, according to TSN's Chris Johnston. The Detroit Red Wings also claimed defenseman Olli Juolevi from the Florida Panthers.
The Kraken originally claimed Czarnik off waivers from the Islanders in February. He skated in six games with the team, registering two assists. Czarnik put up five points in 11 games with New York before joining Seattle.
The Panthers acquired Juolevi in October in a trade that sent defenseman Noah Juulsen and forward Juho Lammikko to the Vancouver Canucks. Vancouver drafted the 23-year-old fifth overall in the 2016 draft. Juolevi went pointless in 10 contests with Florida this season.
- Blackhawks legend Bobby Hull dies at 84
- NHL Power Rankings: Each team's best player not attending the All-Star Game
- NHL Monday best bets: Jets to rebound vs. struggling Blues
- Aho extends goal streak to 4 as Hurricanes hand Bruins 3rd straight loss
- Tavares collects 2 points in 1,000th game to help Leafs beat Capitals