Islanders claim Czarnik back off waivers, Red Wings nab Juolevi
The New York Islanders have claimed forward Austin Czarnik off waivers from the Seattle Kraken, according to TSN's Chris Johnston. The Detroit Red Wings also claimed defenseman Olli Juolevi from the Florida Panthers.
The Kraken originally claimed Czarnik off waivers from the Islanders in February. He skated in six games with the team, registering two assists. Czarnik put up five points in 11 games with New York before joining Seattle.
The Panthers acquired Juolevi in October in a trade that sent defenseman Noah Juulsen and forward Juho Lammikko to the Vancouver Canucks. Vancouver drafted the 23-year-old fifth overall in the 2016 draft. Juolevi went pointless in 10 contests with Florida this season.
- Malkin laments ice-cold power play after loss to Bolts: 'We don't have confidence'
- Kane to make Red Wings debut Thursday vs. Sharks
- Promising Stars prospect Logan Stankoven may be small, but all he does is score
- Blue Jackets trade Robinson to Sabres
- Bedard living up to the hype, but Blackhawks remain one of NHL's worst teams