Report: Stars increasing efforts to trade Klingberg
Klingberg's name has been in the rumor mill for much of the season. Earlier this month, he said contract negotiations with the club were quiet and that he didn't feel appreciated.
The 29-year-old is a pending unrestricted free agent and is likely to draw plenty of interest leading up to the trade deadline from contenders looking to bolster the right side of their blue line. The Carolina Hurricanes are among the teams that have inquired about the blue-liner's availability, Marek previously reported.
Klingberg carries a $4.25-million cap hit and a $6-million base salary, according to CapFriendly. He's spent his entire career with the Stars after being drafted in the fifth round in 2010.
The smooth-skating Swede broke into the NHL in 2014-15 and has collected 344 points in 508 games - good for ninth among all defensemen over that span.
- Oilers take commanding 3-1 series lead with Game 4 win over Flames
- The battles to watch in Oilers-Flames as Calgary tries to save its season
- Report: PWHPA, Billie Jean King Enterprises exploring new women's hockey league
- Rangers power past Hurricanes in Game 4 to even series
- Tortorella interviewed for Flyers' head coach opening