Marner to miss Sunday's game vs. Jets
After being held out of the Toronto Maple Leafs' contest against the Minnesota Wild, star winger Mitch Marner will also miss Sunday's game against the Winnipeg Jets, head coach Sheldon Keefe confirmed Saturday, according to the Toronto Sun's Lance Hornby.
Sportsnet's Elliotte Friedman reported on "32 Thoughts" that Marner's absence is likely precautionary and that the Leafs will have a clearer picture of his situation once they come back from their two-game road trip.
Here's how the Leafs lined up without the 24-year-old Saturday:
Marner has 21 points in 24 games so far this season and leads Toronto with 15 assists.
The Leafs stormed back from a 3-0 deficit against the Wild on Saturday but lost 4-3 in the shootout in their first game without Marner this season.
- Boudreau in awe of reaching 1,000-game milestone: 'I still pinch myself'
- ECHL indefinitely suspends player accused of making racist gesture
- Report: Sabres prospect Levi among Canada's Olympic goaltenders
- Yandle set to tie Jarvis' NHL record of 964 straight games played
- Draisaitl's 4-point night helps Oilers beat Flames to stop slide