Marner to miss Sunday's game vs. Jets
After being held out of the Toronto Maple Leafs' contest against the Minnesota Wild, star winger Mitch Marner will also miss Sunday's game against the Winnipeg Jets, head coach Sheldon Keefe confirmed Saturday, according to the Toronto Sun's Lance Hornby.
Sportsnet's Elliotte Friedman reported on "32 Thoughts" that Marner's absence is likely precautionary and that the Leafs will have a clearer picture of his situation once they come back from their two-game road trip.
Here's how the Leafs lined up without the 24-year-old Saturday:
Marner has 21 points in 24 games so far this season and leads Toronto with 15 assists.
The Leafs stormed back from a 3-0 deficit against the Wild on Saturday but lost 4-3 in the shootout in their first game without Marner this season.
- Rangers take down Hurricanes to force Game 7
- Tkachuk 'very open' to signing long-term extension with Flames
- Oilers' Holland: McDavid showing 'incredible commitment' on defense
- McDavid and Draisaitl have already authored legendary postseasons
- Flames' Tanev played through dislocated shoulder, out 4-6 months