Blackhawks deal Malcolm Subban to Sabres for future considerations
Subban, 27, has spent the early portion of the 2021-22 campaign with the AHL's Rockford IceHogs, where he's posted a .893 save percentage in five appearances. He spent time in the NHL last season, recording a .900 clip in 16 games.
Subban was a first-round pick of the Boston Bruins in 2012 and has made 82 career NHL appearances between Boston, Chicago, and the Vegas Golden Knights.
Buffalo has used Dustin Tokarski, Aaron Dell, and Craig Anderson in goal so far this season. Subban should get a chance to play as both Tokarski and Dell have struggled, while Anderson is battling an upper-body injury that's kept him out since Nov. 2.
- Berube condemns racist threats to Kadri after initial no comment
- Thornton says he's undecided on playing future
- The battles to watch in Oilers-Flames as Calgary tries to save its season
- Barkov hopes Brunette returns: 'He did an unbelievable job'
- Gretzky Oilers jersey could break auction record for hockey memorabilia