Sharks' Wilson taking temporary medical leave
Assistant GM Joe Will will take over operations on an interim basis.
Wilson was named Sharks general manager in 2003 and has held the position since. He was inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame for his 16-year playing career earlier this month.
San Jose is 10-8-1 so far this season, good for fifth in the Pacific Division.
- Keefe: Leafs were 'soft and purposeless' in loss to Rangers
- Capitals' Orlov suspended 2 games for kneeing Jets' Ehlers
- DeBoer on Eichel ramping up, Stephenson's growth, and Vegas' resilience
- Canadiens' new GM envisions building fast, offensive-minded team
- Hurricanes roast Marchand, Bruins on Twitter after blowout win