Report: Sabres ramp up Eichel trade talks with Golden Knights
Vegas currently has $6.4 million in cap space, per CapFriendly, although forwards Max Pacioretty and Alex Tuch are on long-term injured reserve. The Sabres reportedly aren't interested in retaining any of Eichel's salary in a trade.
A potential Eichel deal has been looming for months, but nothing has seemingly come close to fruition. Eichel is still waiting to undergo neck surgery and would likely not be available to play until closer to the end of the season if he can hit the ice at all.
The Golden Knights own a 1-4-0 record and sit at the bottom of the Pacific Division. Vegas has had a bad run of injuries so far, with Pacioretty sidelined for several weeks and captain Mark Stone out for an undetermined amount of time.
The Golden Knights own their first- and second-round picks for the next three drafts. Their young talent is highlighted by players like Peyton Krebs and Nicolas Hague.
- Report: Capitals discussed adding Evander Kane
- Draisaitl's 4-point night helps Oilers beat Flames to stop slide
- Kadri's All-Star play, Laine-Dubois deal revisited, and fighting's resurgence
- Report: Rangers, Bruins, Panthers among teams interested in Coyotes' Chychrun
- Bratt helps Devils rally for victory over Hurricanes