Cooper: Kucherov's injury 'definitely not a day-to-day thing'
"It's definitely not a day-to-day thing, so we'll wait until we get an official word, but he's definitely out," Cooper said Monday, per NHL.com. "He's going to be out for a while here."
The Lightning defeated the Capitals in overtime with Kucherov sidelined to improve to 2-1 on the young season.
Kucherov missed the entire 2020-21 regular season while recovering from hip surgery. He returned in time for the playoffs, posting 32 points in 23 games to help Tampa Bay capture its second consecutive Stanley Cup.
The 28-year-old has led the Lightning in scoring in each of the past five seasons he's been healthy. Kucherov has four points in three games this campaign.
- Gorton: Canadiens will be transparent if they commit to rebuild
- Getzlaf week-to-week with lower-body injury
- Hart Trophy Power Rankings: McDavid reigns despite Draisaitl's surge
- 'When you go up, don't come back': How the Red Wings are building from within
- NHL weekend preview: Panthers to stay hot vs. Binnington-less Blues