Sabres agree to terms with Dahlin on 3-year deal worth $18M
The 21-year-old registered 23 points over 56 games last season, and his responsibilities increased under Don Granato. Dahlin averaged 23:26 minutes of ice time toward the end of the campaign following the head coaching switch in March.
The Sabres selected him with the first overall pick in 2018 and will be looking for the blue-liner to make a leap in the coming years. The offensively talented rearguard has registered 18 goals and 89 assists over 197 games.
Dahlin was the final remaining restricted free agent on the Sabres' books this offseason. He'll be a restricted free agent with arbitration rights after this bridge deal expires in 2023-24, according to CapFriendly.
Buffalo now holds $17.6 million in projected cap space.
- Report: Eichel's camp set to present final case for disc replacement
- Jones and Blackhawks in trouble, Kyrou's breakout, and Kraken impressions
- Report: Price, Binnington among 6 goalies on Team Canada's list for Olympics
- Hurricanes create website to keep roasting Canadiens
- Bobrovsky gets 300th win as unbeaten Panthers top Avs