Report: Coyotes ink Galchenyuk to professional tryout
The 27-year-old forward signed a professional tryout deal in the desert Tuesday, according to TSN's Pierre LeBrun.
Galchenyuk played for the Coyotes during the 2018-19 season, recording 41 points over 72 games. He's played for six teams throughout his NHL career thus far, including the Montreal Canadiens, Pittsburgh Penguins, Minnesota Wild, Ottawa Senators, and, most recently, Toronto Maple Leafs.
The Leafs were pleasantly surprised by Galchenyuk's performance last campaign after acquiring him midseason. Galchenyuk registered 12 points across 26 regular-season contests in Toronto.
He's coming off a one-year deal worth $1.05 million.
Galchenyuk has scored 140 goals and 193 assists over 583 career games.
- Report: Eichel's camp set to present final case for disc replacement
- Jones and Blackhawks in trouble, Kyrou's breakout, and Kraken impressions
- Report: Price, Binnington among 6 goalies on Team Canada's list for Olympics
- NHL weekend preview: Maple Leafs to best undermanned Penguins
- Hurricanes create website to keep roasting Canadiens