Avalanche sign Ryan Murray to 1-year pact
The contract carries a cap hit of $2 million, reports Sportsnet's Elliotte Friedman.
Murray accrued 14 points in 48 games while averaging 18:36 of ice time per contest with the New Jersey Devils during the 2020-21 campaign. The 27-year-old has eclipsed the 20-point mark three times over his career.
The 6-foot-1 left-handed shot is projected to slot into the Avalanche's middle pairing. He's joining a strong, defensively minded team in Colorado; the President Trophy-winning Avs led the league in shot attempts for (58%) and expected goals for (60%) while giving up the fewest high-danger goals (55) at all strengths last season.
Murray was drafted second overall by the Columbus Blue Jackets in 2012 and has 124 points in 395 career games.
- Kane not participating in Sharks' camp as new investigation opens
- Sabres agree to terms with Dahlin on 3-year deal worth $18M
- Leafs' Rielly not focused on extension heading into contract year
- NHL offseason grades: Pacific Division
- Blues name Chiarelli VP of hockey operations, Hitchcock as coaching consultant