Wild sign Dmitry Kulikov to 2-year contract
The 6-foot-1 left-handed shot put up just four assists this past season while splitting time between the New Jersey Devils and the Edmonton Oilers. However, over 38 games with Kulikov on the ice at five-on-five, the Devils controlled 52% of the shot attempts and 55% of the expected goals.
Kulikov only played in 10 contests for the Oilers last campaign after being acquired at the trade deadline.
The 30-year-old was drafted 14th overall by the Florida Panthers in 2009. He's registered 957 blocked shots and 1,149 hits in 725 career NHL games. Kulikov has also previously suited up for the Buffalo Sabres and the Winnipeg Jets.
- Senators' Murray headed to IR, Pinto to miss 1-2 weeks
- Muzzin laments Leafs' blowout loss to Penguins: 'It's inexcusable'
- Watch: Seattle welcomes Kraken, boos Bettman at home opener
- Report: Devils' Blackwood vaccinated, to be cleared by December
- Perreault's hat trick leads Canadiens to 1st win of season