Bruins ink Nick Foligno to 2-year contract
The 14-year veteran was an unrestricted free agent who finished this past season with the Toronto Maple Leafs. He collected seven goals and 13 assists over 49 contests with the Leafs and Columbus Blue Jackets in 2021.
Foligno, who turns 34 in October, battled injury down the stretch. He suited up for only four of Toronto's seven playoff games against the Montreal Canadiens after getting hurt in a game against them late in the regular season.
The Maple Leafs acquired him from the Blue Jackets in April as part of a three-team swap in which the Maple Leafs surrendered a first-round pick and two fourth-rounders.
Foligno served as Blue Jackets captain for six campaigns before the trade.
- Kane not participating in Sharks' camp as new investigation opens
- Sabres agree to terms with Dahlin on 3-year deal worth $18M
- Leafs' Rielly not focused on extension heading into contract year
- NHL offseason grades: Pacific Division
- Blues name Chiarelli VP of hockey operations, Hitchcock as coaching consultant