Penguins sign McGinn to 4-year, $11M deal
McGinn spent the last six seasons with the Carolina Hurricanes. He missed 19 games during the 2020-21 regular season with an upper-body injury but posted 13 points in 37 contests. He returned during the playoffs and registered four points in 11 games before the Hurricanes lost to the Tampa Bay Lightning in the second round.
The 27-year-old is projected to slot into Pittsburgh's bottom six and should help replace Brandon Tanev after the Seattle Kraken selected him in the expansion draft.
Drafted 47th overall by the Hurricanes in 2012, McGinn has 106 points in 345 career games.
- Kane not participating in Sharks' camp as new investigation opens
- Sabres agree to terms with Dahlin on 3-year deal worth $18M
- Leafs' Rielly not focused on extension heading into contract year
- NHL offseason grades: Pacific Division
- Blues name Chiarelli VP of hockey operations, Hitchcock as coaching consultant