Report: Yandle to sign 1-year, $900K contract with Flyers
The Florida Panthers bought out the final two seasons of Yandle's contract earlier this month, allowing him to hit the open market.
Free agency officially opens at 12 p.m. ET on Wednesday.
Yandle remains a quality offensive defenseman capable of quarterbacking a powerplay but doesn't have much of an impact at even-strength.
The soon-to-be 35-year-old had 27 points - 18 of which came on the man advantage - in 56 games this past campaign with Florida. Yandle owns the second-longest ironman streak in NHL history at 922 consecutive regular-season games played. Doug Jarvis holds the record at 964.
- Crosby hoping Ovechkin reaches Gretzky's goal record: 'It would be awesome'
- Sharks' Kane confident he'll be cleared in gambling investigation
- 'It could've been devastating': Maurice relieved to have stability on defense
- Five years ago, North America's young guns electrified the World Cup
- NHL projects 98% full vaccination rate among players before season