Canucks sign Garland to 5-year contract with $4.95M AAV
Garland joined the club as a restricted free agent last week in the blockbuster trade with the Arizona Coyotes that also included defenseman Oliver-Ekman Larsson.
"We're pleased to have reached a long-term deal with Conor today," said general manager Jim Benning. "He's a skilled young player, who plays hard, produces offensively, and will complement our top-six forward group."
Garland had 39 points in 49 games for Arizona last season.
- Crosby hoping Ovechkin reaches Gretzky's goal record: 'It would be awesome'
- Sharks' Kane confident he'll be cleared in gambling investigation
- 'It could've been devastating': Maurice relieved to have stability on defense
- Five years ago, North America's young guns electrified the World Cup
- NHL projects 98% full vaccination rate among players before season