Kraken pass on Price, Tarasenko in expansion draft
Both players were exposed by their clubs ahead of Wednesday's proceedings. Price is under contract through 2025-26 at a cap hit of $10.5 million, while Tarasenko carries a cap hit of $7.5 million and is on the books through 2022-23.
Price waived his no-movement clause for expansion draft purposes so the Canadiens could protect fellow Montreal netminder Jake Allen. Price's health is reportedly a concern as he's scheduled to see a doctor about a knee issue later this week, and it may require surgery.
Tarasenko reportedly requested a trade recently and isn't happy with how the Blues handled two of his three shoulder surgeries.
The Kraken were required to submit their selections by 10 a.m. ET on Wednesday.
- Kane not participating in Sharks' camp as new investigation opens
- Sabres agree to terms with Dahlin on 3-year deal worth $18M
- Leafs' Rielly not focused on extension heading into contract year
- NHL offseason grades: Pacific Division
- Blues name Chiarelli VP of hockey operations, Hitchcock as coaching consultant