Sabres select goal-scoring winger Isak Rosen with No. 14 pick
The Buffalo Sabres drafted forward Isak Rosen with the 14th overall selection in the 2021 NHL Draft.
Weight: 161 pounds
Club: Leksands IF (SHL)
(Stats source: EliteProspects.com)
Don't be fooled by Rosen's subpar statistics, playing 22 games in Sweden's top pro league as a 17-year-old is an accomplishment in itself.
He was able to put more of his gifts on display at the U18s, where he scored seven goals and added two assists in seven games.
Rosen projects as a speedy, goal-scoring, middle-six winger. He plays with plenty of pace and loves to shoot the puck, but his vision is suspect. Since 2015-16, he's never had more assists than goals in any season where he's racked up at least 10 points.
What they're saying
"His handling and skating forms are nearly impeccable. He'll send false signals between the blue lines to move the feet of opposing defenders, cutting east-west and using the dotted line. He'll fake weight shifts, shoulder-shimmy, and just overpower hapless defenders," according to Elite Prospects.
- Bolts deal McDonagh to Preds, agent calls client's departure 'crushing'
- Boeser opens up about last season's struggles, eager to bounce back
- Jackets GM: Laine's contract status won't affect draft weekend plans
- Jets officially name Rick Bowness head coach
- Report: Flyers prospect detained for planning to evade military service