Jets select skilled forward Chaz Lucius with No. 18 pick
The Winnipeg Jets drafted forward Chaz Lucius with the 18th overall selection in the 2021 NHL Draft.
Weight: 172 pounds
Club: U.S. National Team Development Program
(Stats source: EliteProspects.com)
Lucius dealt with a lot of injuries this past season but produced at a better than a goal-per-game clip when healthy. The University of Minnesota commit is one of the most gifted offensive players in the entire draft. He's a strong finisher with a quick and accurate wrist shot, but he also creates plenty of chances on his own with his skill and creativity.
There are concerns about Lucius' skating, which could necessitate a move from center to the wing at the next level, but most scouts project him to develop into a productive top-six NHL forward.
What they're saying
"Lucius is a high-octane offensive player with exceptional problem-solving skills. A threat with the puck anywhere in the offensive zone," according to Elite Prospects.
- Senators' Murray headed to IR, Pinto to miss 1-2 weeks
- Muzzin laments Leafs' blowout loss to Penguins: 'It's inexcusable'
- Watch: Seattle welcomes Kraken, boos Bettman at home opener
- Report: Devils' Blackwood vaccinated, to be cleared by December
- Perreault's hat trick leads Canadiens to 1st win of season