Report: Tocchet among finalists for Kraken head coaching job
Rick Tocchet is on the Seattle Kraken's shortlist for their head coaching vacancy.
Tocchet and the Coyotes parted ways on May 9. The 57-year-old's contract was set to expire on June 30.
The former NHL forward guided Arizona for four seasons, posting a 125-131-34 record and helping the club reach the postseason in 2019-20 for the first time since 2011-12.
Tocchet won back-to-back championships as an assistant coach with the Pittsburgh Penguins in 2016 and 2017 before the Coyotes hired him. He was the Tampa Bay Lightning's head coach for parts of two seasons from 2008 to 2010.
The Ontario-born former winger played 18 years in the league before joining the coaching ranks. He amassed 440 goals and 512 assists in 1,144 games with six teams.
- Crosby doesn't have target date for return following wrist surgery
- Report: Eichel's camp set to present final case for disc replacement
- Jones and Blackhawks in trouble, Kyrou's breakout, and Kraken impressions
- NHL weekend preview: Maple Leafs to best undermanned Penguins
- Bobrovsky gets 300th win as unbeaten Panthers top Avs