Wheeler after blocking shot with groin: I'm done having kids, so what the hell
After blocking a slap shot below the belt during the series-clinching victory Monday night, the Jets captain joked that he doesn't need to produce more children.
"I've got three beautiful kids, we're not having any more, so what the hell," Wheeler said following Winnipeg's 4-3 triple-overtime win in Game 4.
The 34-year-old forward gave new meaning to the term "testicular fortitude" when he took one in the nether regions while blocking Oilers defenseman Kris Russell's blast late in the third period.
Wheeler appeared to be no worse for wear. His next shift came just 59 seconds into the first overtime period, and he played 20 more shifts after the incident, finishing with 36:56 of ice time.
- Website Hurricanes created to troll Canadiens hacked
- Crosby doesn't have target date for return following wrist surgery
- Jones and Blackhawks in trouble, Kyrou's breakout, and Kraken impressions
- Report: Eichel's camp set to present final case for disc replacement
- NHL weekend preview: Maple Leafs to best undermanned Penguins