Ovechkin sidelined by lower-body injury again after brief return
Washington Capitals captain Alex Ovechkin will miss Wednesday's clash versus the New York Rangers due to a lingering lower-body injury, head coach Peter Laviolette confirmed, according to The Washington Post's Samantha Pell.
Ovechkin missed four games before returning for one shift Monday night. He played just 39 seconds and then was ruled out for the rest of the contest.
Prior to recently being sidelined, Ovechkin hadn't missed a game due to injury since 2015.
Ovechkin's tallied 24 goals and 18 assists in 43 games this season.
- Canadiens eliminate Golden Knights in 6 games, advance to Stanley Cup Final
- Stone takes blame for Golden Knights' elimination: 'I got skunked'
- 5 storylines to watch for Lightning-Islanders Game 7
- Seattle expansion draft: Predicting Pacific Division protected lists
- Golden Knights go back to Lehner for must-win Game 6 vs. Canadiens