Hurricanes-Lightning postponement among several schedule updates
Carolina had three games postponed last week. The club currently has five players on the COVID-19 protocol list, and general manager Don Waddell recently confirmed three players tested positive for the virus. One test, however, produced a false positive.
The league also released other schedule changes, including new dates for each of the Hurricanes' previously postponed games.
*All times EST
|Game||Original date||New date||Time|
|Hurricanes at Predators||Jan. 19||March 2||8 p.m.|
|Panthers at Hurricanes||Jan. 21||Feb. 17||5 p.m.|
|Panthers at Hurricanes||Jan. 23||March 7||5 p.m.|
|Lightning at Hurricanes||Jan. 26||Feb. 22||7 p.m.|
|Blue Jackets at Hurricanes||Feb. 16||Feb. 15||7 p.m.|
|Panthers at Lightning||Feb. 16||Feb. 15||7 p.m.|
|Hurricanes at Lightning||Feb. 22||Feb. 24||5 p.m.|
The Florida Panthers, who've already had their schedule interrupted twice by the pandemic, have played only two games so far. Meanwhile, the Hurricanes have played just three.
- Kadri: I'd love to stay with Avs, but 'I've shown what my worth is'
- Draft survey: Prospects talk NHL comps, fashion, teammates, and resilience
- 5 important questions heading into the NHL's offseason frenzy
- Report: Duclair out long term after suffering Achilles tendon injury
- Superlative awards for the 2021-22 NHL season