Report: Strong possibility Capitals land Lundqvist
The King of New York could soon be heading to the nation's capital.
The 38-year-old netminder was bought out of the final year of his contract by the New York Rangers last week. Lundqvist indicated his desire to continue playing shortly afterward, saying he "still wants to win."
Lundqvist endured the worst statistical season of his career last year after appearing in 30 games and posting a .901 save percentage with a 3.52 goals-against average.
Washington currently has $8.9 million in projected cap space for next season.
- Oilers become NHL's 1st unbeaten team through 5 games to start 2021-22
- Stars' Hakanpaa ejected for kneeing Kings' Doughty
- Keefe downplays Ritchie criticism: Matthews, Marner as much to blame
- Jones and Blackhawks in trouble, Kyrou's breakout, and Kraken impressions
- NHL weekend preview: Maple Leafs to best undermanned Penguins