Kucherov exits vs. Bruins with apparent injury
Tampa Bay Lightning superstar Nikita Kucherov didn't come out for the third period of Monday's Game 5 versus the Boston Bruins.
Kucherov was high-sticked by Zdeno Chara in the opening frame.
The Lightning winger left the game after Chara's four-minute penalty and briefly returned only to exit again late in the second period.
Kucherov has been the driving force of Tampa Bay's offense so far in the postseason, recording 16 points in 12 contests entering Monday's pivotal contest.
The Lightning can ill afford an absence of any sort for Kucherov, as the club is already without captain Steven Stamkos.
- Perry becomes free agent after clearing unconditional waivers
- Vilardi miffed with former teammate Lizotte after injury: 'It's a stupid play'
- Kane aiming to make Red Wings debut in next 7-10 days
- 4 takeaways from Patrick Kane's decision to sign with the Red Wings
- Maple Leafs' insanity plan: Do the same thing and expect different results