Marchessault apologizes for clapping back at fans on social media
Vegas Golden Knights forward Jonathan Marchessault issued an apology after lashing out at fans on his Instagram account following the club's 5-2 loss to the Vancouver Canucks on Tuesday.
After the game, several fans took to Marchessault's latest Instagram post - a photo of him and his wife - and left comments ridiculing the 29-year-old for diving during the loss.
"I was frustrated from the game, obviously, but also I get sensitive when people comment on family pictures," Marchessault said, according to The Athletic's Jesse Granger.
"It got the best of me, but there's no excuse. I sincerely apologize."
Marchessault responded to the criticism with comments such as, "Go suck on your mummy's t----- and stop wasting my time," according to ESPN's Greg Wyshynski.
The 5-foot-9 winger has contributed three goals and eight points over 10 playoff contests this summer.
- Bedard condemns Perry social media rumor: 'It's just a bunch of B.S.'
- Examining the Penguins' struggling power play, and other unexpected NHL trends
- Merzlikins makes 41 saves to hand Senators 3rd straight loss
- Devils' Hamilton out indefinitely with torn pectoral muscle
- Sharks score 6 goals on 18 shots to down Devils in 1st road win of season