IIHF announces dates for 2021 World Championship
The 2021 World Championship will take place from May 21 to June 6, the IIHF announced Monday.
The tournament will be split between Minsk, Belarus, and Riga, Latvia. The 16-team field will be divided into two groups. Group A features Belarus, Russia, Sweden, Czech Republic, Switzerland, Slovakia, Denmark, and Great Britain. Group B includes Latvia, Canada, Finland, United States, Germany, Norway, Italy, and Kazakhstan.
This year's World Championship was supposed to be held in Switzerland in May but was canceled in March due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Finland defeated Canada in last year's final to capture gold.
- Hyman scores 3 as Oilers smash Hurricanes for 5th straight win
- Malkin laments ice-cold power play after loss to Bolts: 'We don't have confidence'
- Kane to make Red Wings debut Thursday vs. Sharks
- Promising Stars prospect Logan Stankoven may be small, but all he does is score
- Blue Jackets trade Robinson to Sabres