Laine moves past Crosby for 7th-most goals before age 22
Patrik Laine is scoring goals at a historic rate.
With a hat trick on Saturday against the Ottawa Senators, the Winnipeg Jets forward now has 133 career goals. At 21 years old, Laine is tied with Brian Bellows for the seventh-most goals all time before turning 22.
Laine, who will turn 22 on April 19, has a chance to enter the top five, as he trails both Lemieux and Carpenter by just 12 goals.
The former second overall pick entered the NHL as an 18-year-old in 2016 and scored 36 goals in his rookie season before adding an impressive 44 in his sophomore year.
Laine is up to 23 goals and 51 points this season, already eclipsing his point total of 50 from 2018-19. Saturday's hat trick was the eighth of his career, according to the Winnipeg Sun's Scott Billeck.
- Muzzin laments Leafs' blowout loss to Penguins: 'It's inexcusable'
- Watch: Kraken crowd welcomes team, boos Bettman at home opener
- Report: Devils' Blackwood vaccinated, to be cleared by December
- Perreault's hat trick leads Canadiens to 1st win of season
- Devils' Daws shuts door with 24 saves to win NHL debut