Rangers' Kreider to replace Panarin at All-Star Game
Panarin missed Tuesday's loss to the New York Islanders with an upper-body injury.
The Rangers superstar ranks among the league leaders in goals and points this season with 26 and 68, respectively, through 47 contests.
Panarin's in his first campaign with New York after inking a seven-year deal worth a reported $81.5 million as an unrestricted free agent back on July 1.
Kreider, a pending UFA himself, has collected 17 goals and 32 points in 48 games in 2019-20.
- Trocheck seeks progress from Rangers: 'Put up or shut up'
- Crosby won't 'bet against' McDavid topping 170 points this season
- Matthews willing to embrace bigger role on penalty kill
- Penguins to start with Karlsson, Letang on top power-play unit
- Leafs' Robertson: 'I don't give a f--k' that my name isn't what it once was