Flames fan starts GoFundMe to put up Tkachuk billboards in Edmonton
The battle of Alberta is heating up.
Following the recent incident involving Edmonton Oilers winger Zack Kassian and Calgary Flames forward Matthew Tkachuk, a fan has started a GoFundMe campaign to put up billboards of Tkachuk around Edmonton.
"We have decided that Edmonton deserves to see much more of Matthew Tkachuk. So we are raising funds to place multiple billboards around the city of Edmonton with just Tkachuk's face on them (and for ALS)," the GoFundMe reads.
The campaign has already surpassed its goal of $2,500. The organizer said they'll be contacting the Flames to get approval to put up the billboards.
Kassian was handed a two-game suspension Monday for the incident and will be eligible to return Jan. 29 against the Flames.
- Sharks' Wilson taking temporary medical leave
- Armstrong: Canada's goalie situation less concrete than competitors'
- 'When Goalies Were Weird' - Episode 1: Dominik Hasek 🎧
- Jarry stays hot with 3rd shutout in last 5 games as Pens blank Isles
- Vasilevskiy records 200th career win in style with 17-save shutout