Blue Jackets' Korpisalo week-to-week after shootout injury
Korpisalo suffered a non-contact injury while facing the first shooter of a shootout on Sunday against the Chicago Blackhawks.
Backup goaltender Elvis Merzlikins was forced to enter the shootout cold and allowed a goal on the Blackhawks' second attempt. The Blue Jackets went on to lose.
Korpisalo, 25, has been one of the league's better goaltenders this year. In his first season as a starter, he holds a 17-10-4 record alongside a .913 save percentage and 2.49 goals-against average.
- Oilers become NHL's 1st unbeaten team through 5 games to start 2021-22
- Stars' Hakanpaa ejected for kneeing Kings' Doughty
- Keefe downplays Ritchie criticism: Matthews, Marner as much to blame
- Jones and Blackhawks in trouble, Kyrou's breakout, and Kraken impressions
- NHL weekend preview: Maple Leafs to best undermanned Penguins