Penguins activate Malkin from IR
Malkin - who's missed the Penguins' last 11 games with a leg injury - is likely to make his return to the lineup Saturday against the Edmonton Oilers.
"He looks good. He's participating in practice in a full capacity," head coach Mike Sullivan said earlier Friday. "We will see how he responds after today's practice, but it's certainly encouraging (for him to play tomorrow)."
The 33-year-old was hurt in the Penguins' second game of the season Oct. 5 and was expected to miss at least a month. Pittsburgh has weathered the storm during his absence, compiling a 7-4-0 record over that span.
Malkin has one goal in the two games he's appeared in this season.
- Jets, Appleton avoid arbitration with 3-year deal
- Chair of board of directors for Hockey Canada steps down
- Huberdeau eager to start with Flames: 'I'm going to give everything I have'
- Best of the rest: Top remaining NHL UFAs by position
- Hurricanes GM confident they'll sign Necas: 'It's going to get done'